The purpose of AIR Care -- our allergists, immunologists, physicians, nurses, technologists and staff -- is to serve our patients and referring physicians, providing excellent standards of care and service in a timely and efficient manner.
Allergy Diagnosis and Treatments
Enviromental pollens, indoor allergens and mold spores.
- Diagnostic Testing- skin prick multi-tester device, intradermal skin tests with both early and late phase reading, skin patch tests and blood testing (Pharmacia Immunocap system).
- Treatment- prescription medications, specific avoidance recommendations and immunotherapy/allergen vaccination (both standard and rush/rapid protocols used).
- Diagnostic Testing - skin prick multi-tester device, fresh food prick-prick method, skin patch tests, blood testing (Pharmacia Immunocap system) and in office food challenges.
- Treatment- prescription medications, specific avoidance recommendations
Stinging insects (hymenoptera, fire ant, mosquito
- Diagnostic Testing- skin prick/intradermal methods and blood testing (Pharmacia Immunocap system).
- Treatment- immunotherapy/allergen vaccination (both standard and rush/rapid protocols used).
Antibiotics, biologicals and drugs.
- Diagnostic Testing- skin prick/intradermal/patch methods and blood testing (Pharmacia Immunocap system for penicillin and amoxicillin only).
- Treatment- avoidance recommendations and in office rapid desensitization protocols.
- Diagnostic Testing - blood tests are sent to reference laboratories to analyze total serum immunoglobulins and subclasses, specific responses to bacterial antigens and vaccines, lymphocyte populations and function, neutrophil function and components of the innate immune system such as complement and mannose binding protein.
- Treatment - a variety of immune specific therapies are offered through our in office pharmacy including intravenous immunoglobulin, monoclonal antibodies (remicade), cytokines (interferon gamma) and granulocyte/monocyte colony stimulating factor. We also offer intravenous and nebulized antibiotic/antifungal therapies.
AIRCare handles in-office pulmonary function testing. Rhinoscopy for evaluation of the upper airway is offered in office.